A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time
4 Is the magic Number

Monday, November 1, 2010

brainstorming - essay #3

I've decided to have a correlation of stories. the first one will introduce the main story or idea. the second story, which is the middle story will be what the essay is centered on. the third and last piece will support and conclude the essay.

for the central idea to the essay, i chose to look at a scene which i saw peeking through my bedroom window. it was a group of about fifteen young ladies involved in a fierce brawl because of a man.

I related this story to the television talk show, Jerry Springer. if you have seen Jerry Springer, you will know that it has nothing to do with solving problems as some talk shows do. instead, it showcases, infidelity, promiscuity, and brute physical strength such as my main story (the girl fight).

some themes that will be prevalent are; love, respect for oneself, and how media wants to look at women in contrast to how reality portrays women.

this essay set home, close to my heart. recently my mother and my girlfriend got into a heated argument on the account of me. i was put in a situation were i had to pick between my mother and my girlfriend. i hint a piece of this drama in the essay, as means to identify with those who has went through a so called "Jerry Springer".

No comments:

Post a Comment